"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly. "One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."



-Hans Christian Andersen

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pink, White, and a Little Bit-O-Green

I've set my kitchen table in anticipation of the first day of Spring and a lovely Spring luncheon/tea that I'm planning for the four of us.  I find such joy in getting things ready ahead of time because it allows me to look at it for a while, fuss with it, change it, you know how it goes...


The vase is one of my favorites, such a lovely shade of green, perfect for Saint Patrick's Day.


These tulips "sing Spring".  I will undoubtedly have to purchase more since these have decided to open so soon, I'm not complaining:-)

(edited)
The cup and saucer is marked Stadfordshire England, Mayfair.  I love the delicate floral pattern.  The pink glasses are from Anthropologie.  The pink candle holders are a find from one of my antiquing weekends.  The table cloth is an April Cornell print that I hesitated for a moment to purchase, I'm so accustomed to choosing solid colours or textures.  I'm glad I purchased it, this might be a new trend for me.



The simplicity of white china; a Home Goods purchase.


My dear friend Patricia, who by the way has an awesome china collection and welcomes every opportunity to use it.  Pat stopped by to add these sweet napkin rings to my setting.  She has such a knack for adding those special touches.



I could not resist adding this little milk glass hen dish to the table.  I have no idea what I'll place in the dish but it looks right at home there doesn't it?


I have a few more days to plan my menu and purchase more tulips but until then, I'll  light the candles...


and enjoy the view.

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me.  I'm joining Tablescape Thursday, and Show and Tell Friday.  I hope you'll take a moment to visit these beautiful blogs.

24 comments:

Betty said...

Oooo, so pretty! A breath of Springtime! I can't wait for the tulips. Yours look Stunning in that green vase!

Sherrie said...

Your table is gorgeous! Love the pinks and white! I'm going to go find some of those Anthropology glasses!

suzyq said...

Just gorgeous!! This table is all the gorgeous colours I love!! Wish I could join you,
Suzyq

Martha said...

What a pretty table and I just love the tulips!!! I love pink tables, they are so spring!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

The table cloth looks like you just brought spring inside...t' goegeous! I love your tulips, thry're really have open up just right for your pic.
I love your china, white looks so crispie with your tbcloth and the cups and saucers are beautiful too. Very nice. Come over and visit, It'll be so nice to have you.
Have a nice St. Patty's.
FABBY

Pat said...

I am crazy about your tablecloth! I, too, hesitate to try prints, but yours is encouraging. The table has just the right touch of everything, so beautiful. I am keeping your pics for inspiration!

Pat

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How pretty your pink and green tablescape is! Pretty china and the tulips add just the right touch. Everything is lovely -- that hen is "sitting pretty"!

jninecostumes said...

This table is so sweet! I love the print tablecloth and print teacups. Looks great and fresh.

Erin @ House on Hope said...

I love the cheery colors! YAY SPRING!

Unknown said...

A lovely setting! Love Pink and Green!

Xoxo
Charo

Donnie said...

Very pretty. Happy St Patrick's Day.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady Your St.Patrick's Day Tablescape is so Beautiful sweet lady.. Don't you love doing table's so much fun and lot's of work ~~~~ Im your newest follower on your Blog now. Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my Tablescapes. I put a new table on ever week so put me on your side bar so you know !! Thanks so much for being a follower on my Blog.
xxoo
Diane

Meredith said...

I love your china...so pretty. I love how you can accent white dishes with all your pretty glasses and cups and saucers and it looks just beautiful! Thanks for you sweet comment.

Lynn said...

A very fun and colorful table! Happy Spring-enjoy:@)

Shirley said...

A beautiful table. There's nothing like tulips in a centerpiece in the spring. These are wonderful!

Shirley said...

Your table is so pretty and I love the tulips. I am anxiously awaiting for the purple ones to bloom. I just like the spring flowers of any color. They definitely better then the snow. Have a great St.Patrick's Day. Take care A Missouri Friend.

Carolyn said...

Very pretty! I love the spring colors and the tablecloth is beautiful.

Carolyn

Diane said...

So very pretty....love the pink and green combo. Everything came together beautifully.

Unknown said...

Your table is gorgeous! Love the pinks and white!
xoxo from argentina,mely.

Susan said...

Such a beautiful table!!

Marigene said...

Beautiful pink and green table. The tulips are gorgeous!

Secondhandrose said...

Your table setting is so pretty you could serve peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and no one would notice! Come for a visit.. Have a great weekend.

karen

Judi said...

Happy Spring
Your table is simply beautiful. I love the white but I really love red so the flowers give that beautiful punch. Very pretty. Dishes and everything. What a sweet time for sharing something yummy.
Do come by and visit when you have a chance.
Judi

Tess said...

Pink and flowers...what could be better? Your cups are so beautiful and the pink glasses too...love your linens!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...