My intentions were to make a practical and functional market bag (see previous post). I guess I got a little carried away while sewing. My market bag looks more like a fashion tote.
I find I do this a lot, keep pushing the limits of a design that is. There is a saying that spinners have when it comes to planning projects and spinning raw fiber into yarn ..."I need to see what this yarn wants to be." I'm a spinner, and I've made that statement often enough but now I seem to have carried it over to my sewing..."I needed to see what the fabric wanted to be." It seems the fabric wanted to be a fashion tote and not a market bag. So here's what I did: I added piping to the seams, I added a button tab closure, I added a covered button, and (on the inside) I added a fabric covered removable insert to keep the bottom squared to enable the bag to sit flat. I also repositioned the straps to accomodate the piped seams. This little bag will still go to market but it will not be handed over to the cashier for groceries, it will stay by my side to hold a variety of my little necessities such as, my cell phone, my wallet, a bottle of water, etc., etc. All in all, I am very pleased with what I'm calling my "Capri Bag". I named it such because I have a pair of blue and a pair of pale yellow capris that will look great with it (and some cute little sandals of course). The only problem is, I still need/want a market bag :-)
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend...Happy Easter.