"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly. "One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."



-Hans Christian Andersen

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tea Room and Quilting

My youngest is turning 18 in two weeks, he has his drivers license, I have a tad more "me" time.  So, without further explanation for my absence from bloggerville, how about some pics of my latest activities/projects...

It's been a loooong coooold winter and I'm longing for sunshine and springtime.  I decorated my sun room yesterday, which I will hence-forth refer to as my "tea room", got it done early this year, wanna see?

This little tea tray is such a great find, so portable and cute!


I couldn't resist putting those little teddybears in the milk glass cups...Just a lil' whimsy :-) (looks like I held my camera a little tilted, I do apologize for that)

Hobnail milk glass lamps, one of my favorite things...

and a pink hobnail milk glass vase...
Spring may still be a little ways off but I'm determined to be ready when it gets here.

Before I go, I'd like to share with you my current quilting project.  It's a small table mat created from charm squares.  I'm using this project to learn how to make a wavy edge border.  I have a couple of table runners on my to-do list and I'd like to do something a little different with the borders so what better way to practice than by using a small project.  Here's the mat in its pre-border shaping stage.  I plan to finish this up this weekend (hopefully).

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed the little peek into my tea room and do visit again soon to see how my table mat turns out and an update on those April Cornell quilt blocks (remember those from way back when?)


3 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Vee, It does help when you have someone who can do the driving and let you have the me time. I liked your pictures of your tea room and I am looking forward to a picture of your finished quilt. Have a great day. A Missouri Friend

Unknown said...

Hello :) Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving me such a kind comment :) Welcome back to blogging! Your home is so beautiful and I have enjoyed going through your blog posts :)
Big hugs,
Amy

Pat said...

Love your vinette of the hobnail lamp, and your red transferware tablescape. I am your newest follower.

Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...