"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly. "One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."



-Hans Christian Andersen

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Strawberry Table Square

Here's a quick post to share my weekend project.  I'm stitching up a table square from a pattern and fabric that I'd purchased a couple of years ago from The Fatquarter Shop.  One of my resolutions this year is to stop adding to my fabric and pattern stash and actually make projects from the patterns I already have.  Since this one has been on my '"to do" list for a while, I decided to get it done.


The fabric on the bottom will be the center of the square. I've already cut it to size so it's ready to go. Thank goodness for the Accuquilt Go Cutter which enabled me to cut the 112  1.5 inch squares needed for the flying geese border in about 5 minutes.  The 5 inch charm squares will be pieced together to make the outer border.  I used my Sizzix Eclips to cut the strawberry applique rather than use the one from the pattern because I wanted a different leaf shape and a slightly larger strawberry.  Hopefully I'll have the finished topper to share next week. By the way, my sewing machine has been quiet for a while, feels good to be sewing again.

Thanks for stopping by...Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...