"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly. "One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."



-Hans Christian Andersen

Monday, April 2, 2012

A Sweet Tea

The sun is shining, it's a glorious day...Perfect time for a little impromptu afternoon tea for Krista and me.


I chose Laura Ashley's Hazelbury for our tea today.  The pattern is bright and cheery and perfect for our mom and daughter afternoon tea.  The Lily teapot is a favorite.  I have tried to find the cup and saucer to go with it but so far no luck.




I couldn't resist these lemon tea cookies.  the box is so pretty with its golden yellow ribbon and sweet little flower.  I placed a little Easter tree ornament on the top that looks like it was made for it.  I had planned to have some with our tea but then I remembered a new recipe that I had gotten from Sheri's blog.  It's a recipe for a mini lemon pound cake.  This was a perfect opportunity to try it.  I love lemon and this cake turned out to be the perfect complement to our tea.  It's a lighter version of a traditional lemon pound cake and it's very flavorful.  The tart lemon glaze that's brushed over the top enhances the tangy lemony goodness.



Krista had to rush off to work so we could not linger over our tea for very long but we thoroughly enjoyed this day and the time that we spent rejoicing in it in this way.

I hope you had a great day too.  Thanks so much for visiting.

9 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Vee, Your lemon pound cake looks yummy and with a cup of tea sounds wonderful. I have a cup of cinnamon tea as I am taking a few "me" moments. They have been hard to come by this last month. Hope you have a beautiful day Easter Sunday. Take care Your Missouri Friend.

Beth said...

The lily teapot is beautiful. Love those little decorated cakes as well as your lemon pound cake. Have a nice Easter!
Beth

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Hi Vee,
What a lovely Easter tea! I love that Lily teapot... so pretty!
Your newest follower!
~Wendy

Snap said...

Lemon pound cake ... I love lemon anything! I love the teapot and teacups. Perfect for spring. Love your cute bunny and all the pretty eggs! Happy Spring and Happy Tea Day!

Pamela Gordon said...

This is a lovely Easter tea. The lemon pound cake sounds so yummy. Your table is very pretty. Have a blessed Easter! Pamela

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Vee,
Your tea table is a delight! I love the soft colours and your pink vase is a lot like mine. The teapot is adorable! Lemon pound cake; yum! It does look delish! Thank you for sharing your mother/daughter tea with us today. Happy Easter!

Blessings,
Sandi

highheeledlife said...

Beautiful tea setting.. I'm swooning not only over your teacup ... but your teapot is GORGEOUS!!! xo HHL

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

Hi Vee,
Your Easter table and teapot are beautiful. Wishing you a blessed Easter.

Lisa

Zinnia said...

I love your beautiful teapot. Is it art nouveau? Very nice package for lemon biscuits. Freshly baked socerkaka with flavors of lemon deliciously good! I wish you a nice day! Zinnia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...