"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly. "One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."



-Hans Christian Andersen

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bespoke Blooms BOM

I know I'm not alone when I say "I have sooooo many projects" but yet, there's always room for one more, that's what I keep telling myself.  When I saw a picture of Robyn Pandolph's Bespoke Blooms quilt at the fat quarter shop I couldn't resist joining this block-of-the-month club.  I wouldn't feel so alone in this had I joined back in October when the BOM started. Then I would have been taking this on along with everyone else who fell in love with this design.  I joined mid-January, which means I received every block from October to the current February block, oh my!  There's another reason why I feel so alone in this, I cannot seem to find anyone or any group of people working on this quilt...I know they're out there but they're probably current with their blocks and are working on other projects by now.  So here's my approach to try to keep from being so overwhelmed.  I decided to work on February's block, complete it, and start working on January's block until March's block arrives.  Essentially, I'll work on one of the previous four blocks only after I've completed the current block.  The blocks are mailed out on the 3rd of each month and I'm only half-way done with block #5 and February is quickly winding down; looks like it'll be a while before I get to January's block.  Here's what February's block should look like when completed--


If all goes well, I should be able to show a picture of my finished block very soon.

Thanks for stopping by and may all your projects be up-to-date :-)

 

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Your quilt block is so pretty. You are right we all have more projects laying around that is only partly finished before we work on something else. I am quilty of that. Take care.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...