"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly. "One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."



-Hans Christian Andersen

Monday, February 22, 2010

A Quilt Top Finish

This one is ready to be taken to the long-arm quilter...

I've attempted to re-adjust my current projects in order to try and fit in the time to do the quilting on this one myself, but I cannot seem to work it out.  So, off we go to the long-arm quilter so that she can work her magic on my little spring-time throw.  I love the "cheeryness" of this little quilt top.  The pattern is Bunny Hill Designs "Simply Cottage".  I decided not to include the prairie points on the quilt but I think I will put them on the pillow cases, that is if I ever get around to making them.  My projects seem to multiplying all on their own.  I think it's because at the begining of the year I re-organized my sewing area.  Needless-to-say, in that effort, I came accross charts and patterns that I'd completely forgotten about but all of a sudden I had to have.  As a result, new projects were born.  I'll be busy stitching for a long while but that's a good thing, right?

What's new in my new shop?  Well, I'm still adding tea cozies.  I love making them and I use them all the time.  I bring them out with the change of seasons.  The latest one is a blue and white cozy...


I love blue and white linens; the colour combination transitions nicely from spring into summer.  The cozy I'm working on now is a bit of a departure from my usual style, it's a whimsical cozy that's bright, colourful, and has an interesting seam treatment.  I still think it fits nicely into the cottage style though.

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your visit.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I hope you post a picture of your quilt when you get it done. I think it is going to be so pretty.

Shirley said...

I hope you post a picture of your quilt when you get it done. I think it is going to be so pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...