"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly. "One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."



-Hans Christian Andersen

Monday, March 12, 2012

Add a Little Sunshine

Today was a beautiful day; there was sunshine, warm temperatures, and open doors and windows that welcomed the songs of the birds into the house.  Spring is in the air!

Time for me to brighten things up around here.  Think I'll start with  the breakfast area.


So cheerful to come downstairs in morning to a sunny kitchen and see a polkadot teapot waiting to be warmed for a favorite loose tea.

Now to brighten up the cupboard.



      I chose Nikko's Blue Peony.  Such a sweet pattern with it's blue and yellow flowers and pale blue dots.

Now that I've taken care of those two areas, I think I'll set a table just for me and my tea.  I'm not being selfish, it will be my treat after getting everyone out of the door in the morning.  My time to sit for a minute before my day starts in earnest.  Remember, you don't have to wait for company to enjoy your dishes.



Ahhh, I can't wait till morning :-)

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope your day was a good one and I wish for you a great day tomorrow filled with many blessings.

I'm sharing this with Tea Time Tuesday, Your Cozy Home Party, Home Sweet Home, White Wednesday
and A Return to Loveliness.

16 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Lady Vee,
Your polka dot teapot is as cute as can be and your cabinet looks nice filled with your lovely china. You have set a charming table and tea for one is as special as tea for two or more. I'm so glad you've joined me today. Thank you and have a delightful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You've made a pleasing vignette in the kitchen area, sweet tea pot.

Jocelyn said...

What a delightful tea. I love your breakfast area. So bright and cheerful. Thanks for sharing tea with us today.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Sonia said...

So absolutely beautiful! Love the linens and your table setting! Your teapot is precious!
Miss Bloomers

Vintage Gal said...

Absolutely gorgeous. what a treat to sit and sip tea while looking out at the sunshine and using those adorable dishes. Ahhhh - sigh ~ have a great day ;-)

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

OMG, so pretty! The milk glass lamp is to die for!!!!!

Sue
xo

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Such a pretty Tea to start the day off. Thank you for sharing.
Nancy

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Vee,
you have a wonderful home. All looks so romantic and neat. What a nice start to begin the morning with a happy polks dot design. Thanks for sharing.
Best greetings, Johanna

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

I can see why you like the Tilda's crafts. It's lovely here at your blog. I like those bottles on your table.
Thanks for your visit!

Anonymous said...

The lighter china and adorable vignette you made are perfect for lighting up your room. Polka dogs instantly bring a smile to my face, so the teapot caught my eye, but being a pink (and green!) girl, the little bird beside it is very cute too.

Thanks for sharing your great post at my party this week.

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

Hi Vee,
I love your china pattern and your kitchen vignette is lovely with your pokadot teapot. Thanks for sharing. Hope you will visit Magnolia Cottage for tea time Tuesday. Have a wonderful day!

Lisa

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

O MY!
What a truly cozy home you have! Lovely and charming all rolled up into one!

Hugs,
Deb

Shirley said...

Hi Vee, May I come to tea. Your pictures make your home look so inviting. Of course I love your tea towel and tea pot. To sit and enjoy looking out the window. We have been warm enough that you could sit on the deck and enjoy a cup of tea. Have a great weekend. Take care Your Missouri Friend.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a cozy, cheery home you have!! That tea pot would put a smile on anyone's face. Thanks for sharing!!

Grandma Linda's Daydreams said...

such a pretty table you set and your breakfast room is delightful! Your dishes, polka-dot teapot, and bottles with flowers all look so bright and cheerful, and it's great to treat yourself well and not wait for company!
Springtime Blessings!
Linda

Charlotte Wilson said...

Vee, You sure have a knack for decorating and table scaping! so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...