"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly. "One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."



-Hans Christian Andersen

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Roses in my Room

When I decorate, I automatically include flowers..Do you do that?  I also gravitate toward the rose, second choice would be peony, and my third choice is the hydrangea.  I choose these as my "go to" flowers when decorating because these flowers tend to be the ones that are not only pretty when they're fresh, but also when created in silk.  They also dry beautifully.

I was enjoying a cup of tea one morning and as I looked around, I began to notice all the various forms of roses that I have in this one room.  I guess I never really thought about it before but I realize how key roses are to making this room feel the way that I want.  Pick up your cup of tea and take a stroll around the room with me.


A white ironstone vase filled with yellow roses sitting in a sunny window.

A grouping of containers with porcelain applique roses and summer flowers.


Stenciled roses on a vintage clock face.

Candlestick and tea tray mosaic roses.

A victorian tea-light candle holder with painted roses.

A decoupage rose clock and a few of my favorite needlework pieces.

Looking into the dining room, there's my favorite rose centerpiece.

I hope you're not on rose overload...I hope you enjoyed looking at all of the rosey loveliness.  When the weather is warm and the sun is shining, the rose bushes are just waiting to provide us with many beautiful blossoms to enjoy indoors and out.

Thanks for visiting me.  Until next time, have a joyful day.

I'm sharing with:

26 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Lady V,
Your roses are just lovely and I never get tired of seeing roses. I love all the same flowers as you do and in that same order too. They are scrumptious, all of them! Thank you so much for stopping by for tea today and I wish you a delightful week ahead.

Blessings,
Sandi

chateau chic said...

Lovely, Lovely photos!
Mary Alice

Anonymous said...

You do have lots of pretty roses around your room! Beautiful snaps too! Hope your weekend was great.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Roses are my favorite flower ever and you certainly have some gorgeous ones!!

I stopped by a friend's house tonight after church and cut some of his lilacs for bouquets in my house- can you believe he thinks they are weeds and smell terrible!!! Well I am certainly enjoying my bouquets of beauty now!

Donna Heber said...

Your rose arrangements are gorgeous! You can never have too many roses :-) Your home is very lovely.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

You can never have too many roses and your are all lovely. The china is georgous...all so pretty.

Cindy said...

Your roses everywhere really are beautiful! There is something about the rose that just says "elegance and beauty".
Yours are all very nice.
Hugs, Cindy

Aledia said...

Your china is all so very pretty! I love all your vignettes...Have a blessed day!

Aledia

Anonymous said...

Such elegant beauty! I love all the white with the roses. Simply beautiful!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I too love roses. My father passed away when I was only 9 months old. Mother always said that the rose was his favorite flower. All of your roses real and in your beautiful pieces add so much beauty to your room. Thanks for sharing! I have a new link party, "Share Your Cup Thursday". I would love it if you would share this.
Hugs,
Jann

Mandy Rose said...

Roses are my absolute fav and not just because my last name is Rose. :) I think they look beautiful in the white vase!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

All of your images are beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

They're all lovely, but your pretty white roses catch my eye the most. Pretty, prettty, photos. I'm in awe of your lace knitting skill!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Gorgeous flowers, containers and photos. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

Farah said...

What is more beautiful, your choice, your roses or your china I really cant say say anything... its all magical like... I came here first time via Shelia of Note Song and so happy to be here... very lovely post I am going to follow you and pin your this post on my pinterest...
Hope you will enjoy a visit to see me @
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
With love
Farah

becktovintage said...

Hi Dear Friend,
How wonderful blog you have.. I found your blog and joined just now. I am very happy to meet you. All your photos and creations are wonderful. I like all of them very much. Nice to meet you and All best wishes..

Kathy said...

Hello, adore your collections! The roses are perfect, and yes! I do add roses in every room I can as well as Peonies and Hydrangeas! Your vignettes are exquisite! I appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Red Rose Alley said...

Hello,
I visited your blog today - I saw you on 'Cottage and Broome.' Your blog is lovely. The pink rose centerpiece is so pretty. I did a post recently on pink roses, as they are one of my favorites. Me and my daughters started a blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you. Your blog is filled with beauty, and you have many wonderful decorating ideas. I hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

So lovely! The roses are perfect :)
Visiting from Wow Us Wednesday

Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Jennelise said...

Everything looks so elegant! I love the white vases grouped together!
Jennelise

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Everything looks so beautiful--thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

It all looks so lovely. I love how you did the white flowers in the white vases.

Clara said...

Your photos are beautiful and I love your vases.
~Clara

Barbe @ Beez Rental Designs said...

Hello, I'm a new follower. I love your ceramic collection. Roses are my all time favorite flower. My bushes are full of buds and now that the temps have reached the 80's they are opening up in burst!!! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely photos. Have a great weekend.

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Love the white containers with the rose appliques. The white on white looks so elegant.

Visiting from The Charm of Home.
Debra

The Charm of Home said...

Very pretty!~ Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...