"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly. "One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."



-Hans Christian Andersen

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Instead of Blogging I Was...

Re-decorating my kitchen.  Painting.

When my computer quit on me, I found myself with more time (Imagine that).  I decided that maybe this would be a great time to update my kitchen.  I also wanted to try my hand at painting with chalk paint.  There was a lonely little cupboard sitting in my garage all covered with "everything".  I painted it antique white, distressed it a bit, and here's the result.

Finally a place for my antique ironstone. I was now in full fledged painting mode.  I decided to paint the small towel holder on the other side of the kitchen.


Over the summer and in between paint strokes, you could find me stitching.


This is the "start" with a looooong way to the finish.


Getting Closer but still a ways to go.  When I'd break from stitching, you could find me quilting.
 A sweet little table square.


I also made a lifestyle change...I am now Vegan.  That was the most significant change of all and the best thing I could have done for my health going forward.  Still have some annoying sinus issues though.

So here we are at the end of the year.  The creek is icy and the winterberry bushes are full.


The cold wind blows...



Time to weave.  The looms will be making their rhythmic sounds again as I weave scarves, towels, and such.  Feels good.  This is a "blue jean" coloured scarf for Krista.


I couldn't let the year end without knitting a pair of socks.  I call these a tribute to "Dickens"...The Christmas socks.

Nothing like a nice pair of worsted weight socks to keep the chill away.

There were many things going on last year that got in the way of blogging and I seriously considered not blogging ever again.  But I really do enjoy blogging and visiting all the various blogs of creative and talented people. You all inspire me.  So In 2013 I will keep my camera handy and look forward to sharing the creative side of me here at Thistle Creek Cottage.

Many blessings to you.  Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Lady of the Woods said...

how interesting. Loving how you keep busy, I shall work on doing something similar, less time online and more creating a craft of textile. Love the 'going vegan' and would love to hear more about your journey in that way.! Hardly hear bout healthy foods in blogland unless I'm in all the wrong places lol.....blessings, lady

chateau chic said...

Vee, you have so many wonderful handwork projects going. Your creations are beautiful.
Mary Alice

The Charm of Home said...

Your little cupboard is a delight! I love the light coming in your kitchen! It is great for photography! Your pictures are gorgeous. Have a very blessed New Year!
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...